An important insurance initiative

American families: did you struggle to get insurance coverage for your child's eating disorder treatment?

NEDA is compiling a database of insurance stories: Add yours!


  1. Oh, boy--was this ever an issue.
    I'll send this on to my mom. She had to fight for me--I was too young and too ill.

  2. If you live in the U.S., you can also file complaints with your state government if you feel you have been treated unfairly by your health insurance comapany. In California, you would report to the Department of Insurance or the Department of Managed Health Care. The state publishes reports, periodically, identifying by name the insurance companies about which complaints are received. This procedure, in my opinion, helps to give some power to consumers.


Post a Comment

Popular Posts