Eating disorders are not an amateur sport
Do you have a firm opinion on the treatment of Hemolytic Acquired Autoimmune Anemia? Feel qualified to make pronouncements on the definitive treatment of Ameloblastic Carcinoma? Is there some reason why the parent of a child diagnosed with Pityriasis Rubra Pilaris should trust your opinion on conventional and innovative treatments?
I thought not. Yet every human being on the planet feels like an expert on eating disorders:
- Kids choose anorexia because it is popular
- Glamorous aging celebrities are making us ill
- Cure through massage
- Arranged marriage and NOT watching TV cause eating disorders
- A way to control the uncontrollable
- The unstable double-bind of consumer capitalism
- The root problem in anorexia nervosa is dissatisfaction
- an environment in which she is not free to make any of her own decisions or to express her negative feelings
- Not knowing how big your stomach is
I'm just a little bit concerned that we unsupervised parents on the Internet could also be included in the list of those who indulge in amateur sport.ReplyDelete
That's exactly what I was thinking Marcella.ReplyDelete
Of course we're amateurs!ReplyDelete
The word is latin for "One who does out of love".
What else could we be!