Parents Act Now: An Anorexia Prevention Program for Parents
Stanford University Eating Disorders Program James Lock, MD, Ph.D. & C. Barr Taylor, MD
Stanford University is conducting a research study examining the effectiveness and acceptability of an online parent-training program to help prevent and/or overcome Anorexia Nervosa.Who Can Participate?
Parents of girls aged 11-16 years who have the following warning signs:* Failed to gain expected weight or have stopped growing
* Excessively concerned about body shape and weight
* Family history of an eating disorder
* Diagnosed with an eating disorder within the past six months
The Program: Parents Act Now
* 6-week online program
* Family-Based Treatment approach
* Includes education about eating disorders, coaching on how to take action to address disordered eating and exercise behaviors, and skills training
* Incorporates online quizzes, feedback, and tools to track progress
* Features video clips of eating disorder experts, parents, and teens
How Can I Participate?